Monday 13 February 2012

Richard Street


I arrived in Vancouver last 9, September. It was  my first time in Canada. Next day I had to go  my school in Richard street in downtown. But I couldn't understand Vancouver's streets naming system and how to get there. I asked somebody but I couldn't understand his English also I don't have a good  sense of direction.

Finally I arrived in school 45minutes later so that Richard street is most unforgettable street name in Vancouver to me. But I never know the origin of that name. So that I searched the orgin of this street name.
Named by L . A .Hamilton, after the Honourable Albert Norton Richards (1822-97),
lieutenant-governor of British Columbia, 1876-81.

Richards was married twice: to Frances Chaffey in 1849 and to Ellen Chaffey Chislett in 1854.





No comments:

Post a Comment